A personal evaluation of each patient tailored to their individual history and situation is a critical step in the overall process. The evaluation may include a combination of the following:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular clinical evaluation/second opinion/preoperative evaluation
- Maintenance/follow-up cardiovascular evaluation
- Routine stress testing
This test may be easy or difficult dependent on your fitness. Our goal is to gather the needed information and end the test, rather than pushing you to the maximum. The exercise will be stopped upon request once we have gathered the needed information. This test is done after a short period of fasting. The prep, test and recovery take 30 – 40 minutes. It is a good idea to wear appropriate clothing. In some instances, cardiac medications should not be taken prior to the test, but only when you are instructed to do so.
- Stress echocardiography
- Nuclear stress test/myocardial perfusion imaging – exercise or pharmacologic
- Noninvasive vascular imaging
- Arrhythmia monitoring
- Automatic blood pressure monitoring
- Point of service anticoagulation monitoring clinic
Frequently these tests will be done on the day of your visit, while you are here in our office so you will quickly have answers to your questions.